Curry boasts many health benefits from helping fight Alzheimer’s disease to reducing inflammation. Add this warm and filling recipe to your weekly rotation.
- 2 tbsps coconut oil or ghee
- 1 1/2 lbs chicken thighs, boneless and skinless, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, cut into large chunks
- 2 zuchinni, thickly sliced
- 1 tbsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp unprocessed sea salt
- 14 ounces unsweetened full fat coconut milk
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- 1/4 cup cilantro, chopped, for garnish
- In a stockpot, heat the oil or ghee to medium-high heat, then add chicken and cook until pieces are browned on both sides, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the pan and set aside, leaving the remaining oil in the pot.
- Add the onion and zucchini and saute until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, paprika, garlic, and salt and saute for half a minute.
- Bring the chicken back to the pot and add coconut milk. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer and cover.
- Cook until chicken is tender, approximately 30 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes in the final 5 minutes of cooking. Garnish with cilantro.