At TLC The Littleton Clinic we are passionate about brain health. From the latest research to brain healthy recipes we want to share it all with you! Give this brain healthy Cauliflower Mac and Cheese Recipe a try!
- 1 large cauliflower head, cut into small florets
- 1/2-3/4 cup kefir
- 1/2 cup goat’s milk cottage cheese, pureed
- 1-1/2 tsp dijon mustard
- 1-1/2 cups grated sheep’s or goat’s milk cheddar cheese, plus additional for topping
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease 8″ x 8″ pan with ghee.
- Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add cauliflower and cook until slightly tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and pat dry with paper towels. Spread in prepared pan.
- In a saucepan over medium-high heat, mix together kefir, cottage cheese, and mustard until smooth.
- In a saucepan over medium high heat, mix together the cottage cheese, kefir and mustard until smooth.
- Stir in cheese, sea salt, black pepper, and garlic powder until cheese just starts to melt. Pour over cauliflower and stir. Top with additional cheese if desired and bake for 10-15 minutes.
For more brain boosting recipes or information give TLC The Littleton Clinic a call at 720.351.2411!