With the holidays coming, it is difficult to keep on track with your diet. Below are a few keto drinks that can keep you on diet and satisfy your sweet tooth!
Keto Eggnog (non-alcoholic)
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk
- 2 cups of full fat coconut milk
- 4 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Separate the egg yolks from the whites. In a bowl, stir the egg yolks until smooth. Set aside the egg whites.
- Add almond milk, coconut milk, and beaten egg yolks to a saucepan, and place over medium-low heat.
- Stir together the ingredients until the mixture reaches 160 F, 10 to 15 minutes, stirring almost constantly. The mixture should not be hot enough to simmer.
- Turn off the heat. Add vanilla extract, nutmeg, and cinnamon, and whisk until spices are well-mixed (they will not completely dissolve). Let stand to cool, and then cover and refrigerate for at least a few hours or overnight to chill.
- When the eggnog is chilled, use fine mesh to strain the liquid for a smoother drink; cheesecloth or nut milk bag would work well. Pour into individual glasses, and top with additional nutmeg and garnish with cinnamon sticks.
- Optionally for a foamier drink: Use a hand mixer to beat the egg whites until soft peaks form. Add as much of the foamy egg whites as desired by stirring with the chilled eggnog, and serve.
Peppermint Hot Chocolate
- 1 Cup Almond Milk
- 1/3 Cup full fat coconut milk
- 1-2 Rows Dark Chocolate
- 1/4 teaspoon Peppermint Essence
- Combine the almond milk, coconut milk, chocolate, and peppermint essence together in a small saucepan.
- Place over low heat to gently melt the chocolate and bring the hot chocolate up to a gentle boil.
- Remove from the heat as soon as it reaches the boiling point when bubbles appear on the surface.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy.
Recipes found and altered from Savory Tooth and Yummy Inspirations
Leave a Reply