At TLC The Littleton Clinic we are passionate about brain health. From the latest research to brain healthy recipes we want to share it all with you! See below for our brain healthy Portobello Pesto Pizzas.
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, stems removed
- Extra-virgin coconut or olive oil
- 6 tablespoons basil pesto (homemade or pre-made)
- 2 slices Italian prosciutto
- 1 ball buffalo mozzarella, cut into 1/4 to 1/2 inch-thick slices
- Sea salt, to taste
- Cracked black pepper, to taste
- Set one burner of a gas grill to high, or place a grill pan on the stove with the burner set to medium-high heat.
- Rub the cap side of the mushrooms with oil, place on the grill, or grill pan cap side up, and grill for about 5 minutes, until the caps begin to brown slightly.
- Flip over and grill, gill side up, for another 5 minutes. Remove the mushrooms from the grill or burner. Leave the heat on.
- Spoon 3 tablespoons of pesto onto the gill side of one mushroom, add 1 slice prosciutto, arranging it to fit neatly in the gill cup, and then top with half the mozzarella slices. Repeat with the other mushroom.
- Return the grill pan to the stove top for about 5 minutes, or until the cheese is melted.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
For more brain boosting recipes or information give TLC The Littleton Clinic a call at 720.351.2411!